CAREER & JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT INDIANAPOLIS MONTHLY
Posted on Sept. 26, 2014
Indianapolis Monthly seeks an energetic, highly confident, hard working, and self-motivated individual to be responsible for the creation and implementation of all events.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conceptualize and execute both sales- and editorial-driven events (Bridal shows, issue launch parties, food tastings, home tours, award receptions, etc. See current event list at IndianapolisMonthly.com/IMEvents)
• Negotiate, contract and manage event production vendor(s) through to event execution within a desired budget
• Work with the sales team to research event sponsor prospects, create sponsorship proposals, attend sales calls, and see sponsorships through
• Supervise employee volunteer personnel as necessary for events
• Create and maintain timelines and budgets for events.
• Oversee ticket pricing and sales.
• Liaison with venue partners on event logistics and budgets
• Manage all promotion, event collateral and signage (pre- and post-event)
• Liaise with legal department and publisher on all event contracts and permits
Contributing Editor, Libations
Posted on Aug. 11, 2014
Indianapolis Monthly seeks an Indianapolis-based libations writer with knowledge of the local drinking scene, including developments in the craft beer community, wine trends, and cocktails. This non-staff contributing editor would be responsible for generating original and timely ideas for a 300-word monthly column, weekly blogs, pertinent service packages (including Best of Indy), and occasional blurbs and juicy tidbits for an IM-branded libations newsletter. Writer will be paid a monthly fee and given additional resources for research expenses. Applicants must not only demonstrate a familiarity with Indy booze, but must possess sharp reporting skills and stylish, magazine-style writing. Applicants can submit a resume, writing samples, and five developed story ideas by e-mailing IM dining editor Julia Spalding here.
Posted on Jan. 15, 2014
We are seeking an energetic, highly confident, hard-working, and self-motivated individual who will develop revenue opportunities while also retaining an existing base of clients. A successful Indianapolis Monthly account executive is able to seek out and build long-term business relationships while representing the magazine's brand in the community.