Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Indianapolis Monthly Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
1. I dragged my old futon out of storage thinking, “Hey, it can double as a bed and a sofa.” It’s too short and kind of uncomfortable.
2. The stationary exercise bike I borrowed from Angie’s List was a great call. I used it Tuesday morning while reading the first two chapters of Animal Farm.
3. I packed like I was going on vacation: too many clothes and way too many books.
4. We set up a webcam—The Panda Cam, I call it—which we didn’t realize had audio for the first hour. I hope I didn’t say anything stupid.
5. I’ve become aware that my coworkers and friends are watching. I’m deathly afraid that someone will compile a gag reel of me scratching or tripping over the retention wall of books that pens me in.
6. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to watch me sit here for longer than a millisecond.
7. Maybe I need to get up and just dance like no one is watching.
8. I have had some real George Bailey moments. Though I fretted about setting up eating arrangements, friends have come out of the woodwork to deliver food.
9. I’ve been fed by Bourbon Street Distillery, Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza, Twenty Tap, The Pantry from Brad Gates Catering, and Broad Ripple Brewpub.
10. Did I mention the exercise bike was a great call?
Read 10 (More) Things Vandivier Has Learned While Locked Up.
Read Vandivier’s 2002 IM interview with Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, 340 N. Senate Ave., vonnegutlibrary.org
Photos by Emily Taylor
Indianapolis Symphony Blog
IMA Museum Blog
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.