Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Indianapolis Monthly Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
There was sweat—and beer, lots of beer—but also a look at a sleek downtown condominium styled by some of the local architecture-and-design scene's best. Then, from the Indy 500's infield Snake Pit to food porn at the Indiana State Fair, the past year's people-watching and fried-food salivating were unrivaled:
Honorable Mention: Sun King CANvitational — Thirty-plus brewers statewide joined Sun King for its Georgia Street event downtown. [September]
5. Brew-Ha-Ha Festival — The annual suds-and-fundraising event benefits the Phoenix Theatre and is held on Park Avenue just off of Mass Ave, with many breweries taking part in the beer-soaked day of fun. [June]
4. Meet the Flockers: Indy's Urban Chicken Farmers — We pecked around and dug up some of the city's colorful folks raising not hell but hens. [April]
3. Curve Appeal: Downtown Condo — At this penthouse, Chris Short of Haus architecture firm and Nikki Sutton of Level Interior Architecture + Design put their modern mark on every inch—even the ceiling—to create a contemporary space rivaling the beauty of the home’s sweeping views. [January]
2. Photos: Indiana State Fair Food— Featuring fried this and that—what will we see in 2014?—August's annual food-farm-and-culture extravaganza had it all. [August]
1. Indy 500 Snake Pit & Infield — The sweat-drenched party chock-full of DJs and patriotic garb raged on as 33 drivers spun around the Speedway track at more than 200 miles per hour. [May]
Our Top 10 Dining Stories of 2013
Our Top 10 Stories of 2013
Our Top 5 Magazine Events of 2013
Indianapolis Symphony Blog
IMA Museum Blog
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.