Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Indianapolis Monthly Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
The recently named Apple executive and outgoing CEO of Burberry, Angela Ahrendts, has claimed the affinity of the British Empire, and now finds herself one of its newest honorary dames. Before that, the New Palestine, Indiana, export was already among the highest paid execs in the United Kingdom, a rarity for a woman, let alone one born on the other side of the pond. All this got us thinking: What might the Ball State alumna conquer next? Here's a quick roundup:
1. Agree to crowd-surf the Indy 500 Snake Pit, but only if it is returned to its rightful location in Turn 1.
2. Give Vladimir Putin a hug.
3. Adopt Justin Bieber and teach him how to be an adult. (After all, Ahrendts, at 6'3", "grew up tall and she grew up right, with them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights.")
» About that Bieber, this was some wacky news.
4. Fill Indy’s potholes, stat. We're talking pseudo–moon craters in some places.
5. Catalyze a worldwide ban on the phrase “YOLO."
6. Snap a selfie with Hillary Clinton. Break Ellen DeGeneres's record.
7. Host Saturday Night Live. (It's not so farfetched—we already have a local in the cast.)
8. Arbitrate any future kerfuffles between Glenda Ritz and the Indiana Board of Education.
9. Keep HJR-3 from raising its head at the Statehouse ever again.
10. School the next generation of TV-star meteorologists. There's always something new to latch onto in the Post-Doppler Whoppler Mega-Radar Era we live in.
11. Craft and christen Sun King’s newest brew.
12. Her true mission, should she choose to accept it: Bring the Super Bowl back to Indianapolis.
NOTE: This thread is moderated, comments will not post immediately.
1 Swoon List: Best Dining2 Hot List: Top Shopping3 25 Best Bars4 25 Best Restaurants5 Five Great Indiana Lakes6 24 Cheap-Eat Spots7 15 Destination Dinners8 10 Notorious Crimes9 Top 20 Sports Bars10 Five Fantastic Road Trips
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.