DIGITAL ADVERTISING—Sizes, Specifications & More
Our philosophy for web-display ads is "less is more." Our clean, uncluttered website and selective ad inventory increase visibility for ads and promote higher response.
Your IM account executive can provide the most up-to-date ad statistics, inventory availability, rates, and so on.
The beauty of digital advertising is that these concrete numbers don't lie.
- Super-Leaderboard: 970 x 90 pixels (px)
- Rectangle: 300 x 250 px
- Roadblock: Super-Leaderboard + Rectangle
- Leaderboard: 728 x 90 px (tablet view)
- Sponsors of The Dish (weekly food-and-drink news), First Look (monthly editorial preview), The Thread (monthly shopping-and-style news), and The Ticket (monthly arts-and-culture news) e-mail newsletters should provide a static rectangle creative + click-thru URL.
- Custom e-mails (or "e-blasts") can be sent using creative supplied by the client (maximum 700 px wide) or produced by our digital design team at no additional charge. Client must supply click-thru URL.
Specifications & Needs:
- Click-thru URL always needed, unless embedded in HTML files or third-party ad tags.
- Maximum file size: 40 MB.
- Files must be saved in .JPG, .GIF, or .SWF formats.
- Your creative must have at least a thin black or other-color border if all or part of its background is white so that it doesn't appear to "swim" or float freely on the white backgrounds of our website and e-mail platforms.
- We also accept third-party ad tags. Ask your IM account executive for a list of compatible vendors.
- Our dedicated digital design team can produce any and all web-display or e-mail creative at no additional cost, with images and copy supplied by the client.
What We Promise:
- Timely delivery of all digital advertising assets to readers and web users.
- One- and/or seven-day reporting on e-mail campaigns and time- and performance-sensitive reports on web-display ads.
- Sharply designed creatives made by our seasoned advertising art team.
- Wise advising at all times during your ad campaign's run, provided by your IM account executive and Jonathan Scott, digital media manager. (Contact Jonathan at 317-684-8332 or e-mail him here.)