Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- The Wednesday special at Brad Gates’ City Market stand: fried chicken served with aged Old Quebec Vintage Cheddar mac ’n’ cheese and asparagus.
- The dense, creamy avocado popsicle, made with all-natural ingredients and sold out of the Nicey Frozen Treats cart that you will find at events around town, like last weekend’s Woodruff Place Flea Market.
- Adobo Grill’s (110 E. Washington St., 317-822-9990) tequila shot flight. The tomato juice chaser comes in a cup made entirely of cucumber.
- Delicate, sweet grilled halibut cheeks, served with bits of the charred skin still attached, at Mikado Restaurant and Sushi Bar (148 S. Illinois St., 317-972-4180). Pick it off in big flakes with chopsticks.
- Summer fresh shrimp ceviche tostados, flecked with cilantro, tomatoes, diced onion, and jalapeno—all marinating in lime juice—at La Escollera (5834 E. Washington St., 317-375-9556).