Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Indianapolis Monthly Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Editor's Note: These listings are not ranked. They reflect a collection of the best offerings in town.
1. Gray Brothers Cafeteria 555 S. Indiana St., Mooresville, 317-831-7234 Don’t be deterred by the long lines; the hungry customers queued up at Gray Brothers don’t mess around when it comes to loading up their trays with home-cooked Thanksgiving fare and slices of homemade pie.
2. Signature at the Propylaeum 1410 N. Delaware St., 317-638-7881 This Old Northside Victorian is home to the city’s oldest women’s social club and provides a perfect setting for Thanksgiving dinners steeped in history. Amid the vast buffet, roast pork, corn pudding, and other heirloom recipes comfortably share space with offerings like tilapia Florentine, a smashed-potato bar, and pumpkin-Parmesan biscuits. Reservations are a must.
3. Hollyhock Hill 8110 N. College Ave., 317-251-2294 On Thanksgiving Day, fresh turkey and ham sub in for the usual family-style fried-chicken dinners at this cozy northside fixture. A three-course holiday extravaganza features guest appearances by apple cider, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.
4. Weber Grill 10 N. Illinois St., 317-636-7600 November food prep usually doesn’t call to mind charcoal cooking. But the grills at this lively downtown spot see plenty of action on Thanksgiving Day, turning out holiday sustenance like turkey, sausage, asparagus, and other smoky treats for brunch and a three-course meal option.
5. Strongbow Inn 2405 E. U.S. 30, Valparaiso, 219-462-5121 Strongbow serves up traditional turkey dinners year-round, but more than 2,300 folks flood in annually for the Thanksgiving feast. The one-day stats are staggering: 130 birds + 1,400 pounds of mashed potatoes + 140 gallons of gravy.
This article appeared in the November 2013 issue.
NOTE: This thread is moderated, comments will not post immediately.
1 Swoon List: Best Dining2 Hot List: Top Shopping3 25 Best Bars4 25 Best Restaurants5 Five Great Indiana Lakes6 24 Cheap-Eat Spots7 15 Destination Dinners8 10 Notorious Crimes9 Top 20 Sports Bars10 Five Fantastic Road Trips
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.