Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List 3.11.14
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- Warm, thin-as-air potato chips topped with squiggles of black-pepper creme fraiche and lavished with steelhead caviar, served as the first course in a recent prix fixe meal at Oceanaire (30 S. Meridian St., 317-955-2277).
- Simple Baja-style fried-fish tacos tucked into soft flour tortillas and topped with corn salsa, on the happy-hour menu at McCormick & Schmick’s (110 N. Illinois St., 317-631-9500).
- A creamy bed of baked chihuahua and panela cheeses at Delicia (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677), flanked with pieces of chorizo and drizzled with a spicy tomatillo-poblano sauce.
- The dangerously decadent Triple Chocolate Cake at Peterson’s (7690 E. 96th St., Fishers, 317-598-8863) showcases layer upon layer of white-chocolate mousse filling, milk chocolate–orange ganache, and fudgy chocolate cake.
- Creamy and comforting, a frothy bowl of Soupremacy’s (7 E. Market St., 317-423-0780) Chicken Velvet soup nearly zaps winter’s treachery singlehandedly, and the accompanying country-wheat bread or baguette from Amelia’s comes perfect for dipping. Parsley garnish, and sour cream topping if you fancy.