Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List 5.27.14
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- A sweet almond croissant from Rene’s Bakery (6524 Cornell Ave., 317-251-2253), plucked from the pastry case at PEARings Frozen Yogurt & Beyond (6 W. Washington St., 317-608-6456). The buttery layers are stuffed with ground almonds. Powdered sugar dusts the top. And it’s crunchy in all the right spots. Bon appetit!
- The Elmo Cola at St. Elmo Steak House (127 S. Illinois St., #2, 317-635-0636). A little Coke (diet or regular) arrives with a glass of vanilla-infused Maker’s Mark on ice, garnished with a spear of drunken cherries. Pour, sip, repeat.
- Smoky pulled pork from City Barbecue (621 W. 11th St., 317-333-6234; additional locations in Carmel, Avon, and Greenwood). Sauce it yourself at the table, and dig in.
- Nachos at Tow Yard Brewing (501 E. Madison Ave., 317-638-9273), smothered in tender pork carnitas and queso fresco and drizzled with barbecue sauce.
- Bracingly fresh ceviche on a crunchy tostada at Irvington’s tiny Mexican spot, La Escollera (5834 E. Washington St., 317-375-9556). A squirt of lime, a dash of habanero, and it’s a meal.