Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List 6.11.13
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- A cold salad of fregula—coarse, nutty semolina pasta pellets—tossed with peas, black walnuts, roasted fennel, and pea tendrils shot through with nibs of Traders Point Creamery’s Fromage Blanc. It’s served on a plate dotted with sweet carrot vinaigrette at the downtown Napolese (30 S. Meridian St., 317-635-0765).
- The cheese-sheathed cup of French onion soup at Shallo’s Antique Restaurant & Brewhaus (8811 Hardegan St., 317-882-7997).
- Papadzules from Mayan Cafe (813 E. Market St., Louisville, 502-566-0651). Rolled warm tortillas stuffed with smoked chicken rest in a creamy pepita sauce and are topped with a soft-poached egg.
- Camarones la Parada at La Parada Restaurant (1642 E. New York St., 317-917-0095), a dozen fat shrimp cooked with peppers and onions.
- A deep bowl of Thai beef noodle soup, with chunky stew meat and warming hints of cinnamon, at Egg Roll #1 (4576 S. Emerson Ave., 317-787-2225).