Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List 8.20.13
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- Luscious filet mignon soaked in the richest bordelaise and propped up on roasted green onions over a mound of truffled mashed potatoes at The Butcher Shoppe Bar & Grill (857 Six Pine Ranch Rd., Batesville, 812-934-2600).
- Food truck Duos Indy’s Indiana State Fair brownie—a baked-goods version of the Andes mint—with a layer of fluffy mint filling under chocolate ganache. You need a fork.
- The tender, slow-cooked beef barbacoa on the daily steam table at El Sazon de Mama (3712 Lafayette Rd., 317-347-1155), served with rice, beans, and thick tortillas made in the back by Mama herself.
- The special lamb barbacoa taco at La Chinita Poblana (927 E. Westfield Blvd., 317-722-8108), with lamb marinated in guajillo chiles and avocado leaves, topped with pasilla chile salsa.
- Sugar cream pie from Parky’s Smokehouse (2479 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon, 765-482-1646). It’s denser and stouter than most—custardy with a hit of nutmeg, a drizzle of butterscotch sauce, and a fluffy dollop of whipped cream.