Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Swoon List 8.27.13
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- Vegan fish and chips from Broad Ripple Brewpub (842 E. 65th St., 317-253-2739), three light, crispy, beer-battered tofu filets served with sides of tangy vegan tartar sauce and fresh quinoa tabouli salad, plus the eatery’s own rib-sticking fried potatoes. (Go on a Wednesday and the dish is marked down from $10 to $7.) Recommended beer pairing: Broken Spoke amber ale.
- Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza’s (5646 E. Washington St., 317-356-6612; 401 Market Plaza, Greenwood, 317-883-8993) Slaughterhouse Five pizza, a meat lover’s dream topped with crumbled sausage, bacon, pepperoni, ham, and shaved Italian beef.
- The Big Woods Wimpies, a trio of sliders topped with caramelized onions, bacon, and spicy aioli on peewee soft buns at Big Woods Brewing Company (60 Molly Ln., Nashville, 812-988-6000).
- The creamy, addictive smoked whitefish dip served with pita chips and veggies at the Mermaid Bar & Grille in Saugatuck, Mich., (340 Water St., 269-857-8208).
- Fogo de Chao‘s (117 E. Washington St., 317-638-4000) Superfruit Lemonade cocktail, garnished with muddled blueberries.