5 Things We Adore Right Now
- A piping-hot skillet of potato-and-bacon gratin at Noah Grant’s Grill House & Oyster Bar (65 S. 1st St., Zionsville, 317-732-2233).
- Caviar pie at Late Harvest Kitchen (8605 River Crossing, 317-663-8063), a DIY starter that combines bite-size toasts with a soft wedge of roe-topped cheese. Doll it up with chopped egg, red onion, and capers.
- Sweetly potent caffe alla at Delicia (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677), a stratified coffee with layers redolent of cinnamon and orange liqueur.
- Crisp-fried Brussels sprouts from Puzzle’s Restaurant (118 N Pendleton Ave., Pendleton 765-778-1944)
- Eggs over-easy from Charlie Brown’s Pancake and Steak House in Speedway (1*038 Main St, 317-243-2502*). The diner’s short-order cooks have perfected the delicate art of getting the whites chewy while leaving the golden yolks runny enough to sop up with a biscuit or toast.