For those who dream of taking the plunge, a guide to buying your Indiana lake home. (And a primer on renting, for those just testing the waters.)
Be advised, though: Properties right on the water don’t come on the market very often. You might need to make a few trips. Try to suffer through it.Read more
5 Things We Adore Right Now
- Bakersfield Mass Ave’s (334 Massachusetts Ave., 317-635-6962) fiery Red Headed Stranger—Buffalo Trace bourbon, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, bitters, and fresh lemon set ablaze with cayenne pepper. It’s garnished with a slice of candied ginger that you can nibble en route to the emergency room.
- Scallop sandwich from Panini-Panini (1720 Franklin St., Michigan City, 219-873-1720), stacked with plump grilled scallops, sliced pears, goat cheese, and prosciutto.
- The bibimbap from Cafe Korea (7262 Fishers Crossing Dr., Fishers, 317-578-1987). The white rice dish is topped with seasoned carrots, cucumbers, beef, and an egg, served in a hot stoneware pot.
- A warm, crisp oatmeal-raisin cookie topped with a jumbo scoop of chocolate-raspberry ice cream at The Legend (5614 E. Washington St., 317-536-2028).
- Elotes in a cup—like spicy, cheesy creamed corn—from The Tamale Place (5226 Rockville Rd., 317-248-9771).