Unspoken Rules: Circle of Lights
- If you’re going to make a day and night of it, park near your last destination—say, Mass Ave if you’ll head there for dinner. Then walk to Circle of Lights and back.
- The stage faces south down Meridian Street, which fills up with spectators by 6:30 p.m.
Hilbert Circle Theatre serves as the staging area for the performers. Go there for autographs.
- Schmooze any friends who work on the Circle. They might have access to viewing areas on a balcony or roof—and bathrooms.
- Radio stations set up booths and give away free stuff. Reindeer antlers!
- Yes, smarty-pants, everyone knows it’s not a real tree. Play along.
- It’s not over when the tree comes on. Stay for the fireworks.
- Give props to the Circle of Lights’ elves: Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW #481.
- Spend $20 at Circle Centre to park there for about $4.
- Hold the “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer” requests.