Unspoken Rules of Mutt Strut
• No need to whine for treats. You can collect enough free swag in the vendor area to feed a pack. You’ll have to listen to a sales spiel, though.
• Walk the route early—before the cool-off swimming pools along the way become mucked up.
• Pavement can be tough on tender paws. Hit the grass for relief.
• Those pups with wheels in place of missing front legs? They’re probably rolling around on the Indy-made TurboRoo.
• More Frisbee dogs.
• Tired doggies in wagons? Great. Strollers? Mmmkay. Baby Bjorn? Side-eye.
• Antibacterial before the food trucks.
• The upside of spring showers: dogs in raincoats.
• Poop bags are plentiful, so use them.
• There will be butt-sniffing. Just let it happen.
For more info, visit IndyMuttStrut.com.