Indianapolis Monthly magazine has a circulation of more than 30,000 that focuses on service, city and regional issues, and lifestyles for an upscale readership.
The ideal candidate for this full-time Indianapolis Monthly position will have a hybrid skill set that combines writing and editing across a variety of platforms with content strategy and data analysis. The digital editor should have a familiarity with and passion for Indianapolis and have strong editorial judgment. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. It is critical that this person have the ability to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Conceive, develop, assign, write, and edit articles for print and digital
- Post, edit, and produce print and original content to engage with the audience on website and social media platforms
- Write, build, and send editorial and dedicated e-mails for Indianapolis Monthly and ancillary products
- Execute and optimize digital marketing programs including e-mail development, landing pages, and new promotional efforts to support brand initiatives
- Monitor site and CMS functionality along with corporate team
- Work with the marketing team to promote brand events across all digital platforms and secure ticket sales
- Work with the sales team to enhance current revenue streams and develop new ones
- Other tasks at the direction of the Editor in Chief and Group Publisher
To be considered, candidates should meet the following requirements
- Must be familiar with WordPress, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus a passion for service journalism; the ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission; strong understanding of native content, e-mail marketing, and lead generation; a calm-under-pressure demeanor (long hours are sometimes required); a keen sense of priorities; the ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly (and diplomatically) communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs; and the ability to juggle multiple projects are a must!
- This is an entry-level position
- Salary range is $40,000–45,000
- Please email Andrea Ratcliff the following materials: your résumé and a cover letter that will convince me you’re the best candidate for the position. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.