This position reports to the Group Publisher.
In addition to possessing excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, and exceptional organizational habits, the ideal candidate should be a dynamic magazine journalist who can:
- Run the day-to-day of the magazine, leading the editorial team in developing the editorial calendar; conceiving issue themes; and assigning, writing, and editing stories for all sections of the book, as well as features
- Communicate editorial strategies clearly, enforce deadlines, prioritize assignments and projects, set individual goals and growth paths, assess performance, and balance budgetary and staff resources
- Work closely with the Group Publisher and Sales Director to grow the brand and revenue opportunities, as well as facilitate the relationship between the editorial department and the sales and operations departments
- Work closely with the Digital Editor to ensure that our storytelling on all platforms is of the highest quality, from editorial stories to branded content to e-mail newsletters
- Seven years minimum experience in editorial leadership, specifically managing a team of writers and editors
- A track record of taking ambitious editorial initiatives—from a longform feature to a complex package—from idea to execution
- Comfort collaborating with sales and marketing leads on sponsored programs
- Proficiency with social media platforms, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Knowledge of InDesign, InCopy, and Basecamp a plus
Please email Amanda Boyd Walters the following materials: your resume and a cover letter that will convince me you’re the best candidate for the position.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.