Indianapolis Monthly has an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded Sales Director.
The ideal candidate must have prior outside sales experience, selling to business owners or C-level executives in a highly competitive, fast-paced environment. You must excel at finding and closing new opportunities in a short sales cycle and have excellent questioning and listening skills. You should be highly motivated and goal-oriented with a “can-do” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, direct, and manage the execution and performance of a team of local sales Account Executives
- Develop new business for utilizing and maximizing all platforms including, but not limited to, print, digital, and event sponsorships
- Maintain a book of business in the Indianapolis market for key clients
- Collaborate with the Publisher to train, develop, and motivate the local sales team so that revenue goals are achieved
- Develop and implement pricing and packaging to fill needs of both client and publication
- Effectively forecast sales revenue and manage department expenses so that financial goals are achieved
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum five years of sales experience preferred with a pattern of success. Compensation will combine base salary plus commission.
Please email Ivy Bayer the following materials: your resume and a cover letter that will convince me you’re the best candidate for the position. This position reports directly to the Publisher.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.