Chew Your Brew
Indy chefs incorporate locally roasted beans on their plates.
This article is part of Indianapolis Monthly’s February 2016 Cool Beans coffee package. For more coffee coverage, click here.
Indy chefs are using locally roasted beans in surprising, often savory ways. But their caffeinated treats—like these recent creations—come and go, so stay on your toes.
- Love Handle’s “Sylvia” sandwich with chopped pork tongue, baby kale, and cayenne-coffee mayo. 2829 E. 10th St.
- Beast Truck’s Never Sleep Again burger rubbed with coffee. beastindy.com
- Wildwood Market’s breakfast sandwich with coffee-glazed bacon. 1015 Virginia Ave.
- R2GO’s Smoky Black Bean soup with coffee. 1101 N. College Ave.
- Milktooth’s coffee-tinged ham-steak and gravy. 534 Virginia Ave.
- Movable Feast’s Rub Your Grub coffee rub. movablefeast.name
- Tulip Tree Creamery’s double-cream coffee cheese. tuliptreecreamery.com
- Rocket 88’s espresso-cream doughnut. 874 Virginia Ave.
- Bluebeard’s pork-belly dish with a burgundy-and coffee-poached egg plus coffee demi-glace. 653 Virginia Ave.