Our Valentine’s Day Cupcake Guide
Searching for a last-minute sweet surprise for your sweetie? Look no further.
Cupcakes have enjoyed a pretty sweet life, evolving from kiddie treat to foodie fad to enduring favorite. Maybe it’s because you can hold one in the palm of your hand, making it less guilt-inducing than a slice of cake. Or the luscious mounds and squiggles of frosting on every specimen (no need to angle for a corner piece). Thank The Flying Cupcake for jump-starting the cupcake craze in Indianapolis 11 years ago—they’re everywhere now.
A salute to these wee wonders:
1) Candyland from The Flying Cupcake, multiple locations
2) Lemon Cream from Simply Divine Cupcakes, 5844 E. Washington St., 317-544-8330
3) Strawberry Shortcake from Gigi’s Cupcakes, multiple locations
4) White Almond from Heavenly Sweets, 293 S. Eighth St., Noblesville, 317-770-9399
5) Oreo Chocolate from Sweet Home Cupcakes, 937 Logan St., Noblesville, 317-987-5551
6) Malted Vanilla Caramel from Confectioneiress Cupcakes & Sweets, 80 Brendon Way, Zionsville, 317-873-0880
7) Vanilla Cake with Chocolate from Sweeties Gourmet Treats, 2101 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-602-3999
8) Strawberry from Kim’s Kakery, Bakery & Café, 5452 Madison Ave., 317-784-5253
9) Raspberry Sour Cream from Classic Cakes, 1752 E. 116th St., Carmel, 317-844-6901