High Braise for The Garden Table
The Garden Table’s new Mass Ave location offers hearty farm-sourced dinner, like this luscious pork dish. The options change with the season—or the day.
- Chef Matthew Ward Myers rubs Fischer Farms pork shoulder with coriander and braises it in house-made pork stock for up to 16 hours. He presses the shoulders into blocks, slices on the bias, and pan-fries it in butter to get a crisp crust.
- Slices of squash are drizzled with brown butter and roasted.
- Hydroponic greens are blanched for a milder-than-expected bitter green counterpoint.
- Earthy parsnips are charred and then puréed in cream for a silky alternative to potatoes that doubles as a sauce.
- Roasted parsnip shavings also adorn the dish.
- California chestnuts are crisped in some of the fat from the shoulder.
- Sage or purple basil sprouts make for a bright final garnish.