Swoon List 7.2.13
- The Cheese Brioche from Sweet Claire Gourmet Bakery in Bloomington (309 E. 3rd St., 812-333-6000), a fluffy, cheddar-infused roll that makes for a fine bagel substitute at breakfast time.
- A packet of thick, decadent pork cracklings at Rook (719 Virginia Ave., 317-759-5828).
- Meaty pan-seared ocean sea bass at the Clay Terrace Mo’s A Place for Steaks (14300 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, 317-660-0720).
- The pork-centric Banh Mi Number 1 at K&T Deli (3738 Lafayette Rd., 317-602-2416)
- An herb-roasted half chicken, its bone pieces extra tender and rosy, over a tumble of succotash, with a dish of “sweet corn milk” for dunking, on the dinner menu at the Omni Severin’s 1913 Restaurant (40 W. Jackson Place, 317-634-6664).