Swoon List 1.21.15
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.
- The humble sugar-coated vegan doughnut, soft and moist with a good sugary crunch on the outside, the underdog star among more elaborate sinker creations at Rocket 88 (874 Virginia Ave., 317-737-2614).
- Cheesy basil Alfredo made with fresh zucchini noodles at Ezra’s Enlightened Cafe (6516 Ferguson St., 317-255-3972).
- Mini soft tacos (steak, al pastor, and fish pictured here), ordered at the counter and eaten on the window-facing bar stools at George’s Mexican Tacos (801 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-986-5964).
- The Barley Miller salad at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865), barley tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, fresh mint, red onion, local feta, and Greek dressing.
- Creamy but light sweet-potato soup at The Garden Table (908 E. Westfield Blvd., 317-737-2531).