The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.
- Sliced flank steak rests atop pickled cucumber, kimchi, and bok choy in chef Carlos Salazar’s bulgogi rice bowl at Rook (719 Virginia Ave., 317-759-5828).
- A trio of corn-tortilla enchiladas stuffed with grilled chicken and soaked in a tangy tomatillo salsa at El Azabache Mexican Restaurant (4200 S. East St., 317-791-1533).
- The juicy Viking lamb ribeye paired with earthy spelt risotto, a light touch of whipped Tulip Tree Creamery Foxglove double-cream cheese, and pickled mushrooms, served at the New Year’s Eve dinner and short-film fest at Milktooth (534 Virginia Ave., 317-986-5131)
- A roasted apple paired with a luscious vanilla-bean polenta cake that’s drizzled with buttered sorghum and topped with a dollop of whipped mascarpone at Plow & Anchor (43 W. 9th St., 317-964-0538).
- General American Donut Co.’s (827 S. East St., 317-964-0744) Old Fashioned recipe, a sour-cream cake doughnut with a dense, moist crumb and light glaze.