Swoon List 10.28.14
- A warm, comforting bowl of pappardelle with roasted mushrooms, Parmesan, and double-cream sauce from new southside restaurant Revery (299 W. Main St., Greenwood, 317-215-4164).
- La Cucina Povera from The Ball & Biscuit’s (331 Massachusetts Ave., 317-636-0539) stellar brunch menu: two eggs concealed under rich, garlicky tomato sauce with chewy baguettes for dunking.
- Lightly breaded, tender slivers of Kung Pao calamari and shrimp doused in a spicy, homemade sauce from Mo’s … A Place for Steaks (15 E. Maryland St., 317-635-0720).
- Toasted, golden ravioli bites under savory Bolognese sauce, dusted with Parmesan shavings at Harry & Izzy’s (153 S. Illinois St., 317-635-9594; 4050 E. 82nd St., 317-915-8045).
- A towering slice of seven-tiered carrot cake from Eddie Merlot’s (3645 E. 96th St., 317-846-8303), crowned with caramel drizzle.