Swoon List 10.7.14
- A smooth, refreshing glass of frozen house cider from The Ball & Biscuit’s (331 Massachusetts Ave., 317-636-0539) new brunch menu, spiked with your pick of Heaven Hill Bourbon or Plantation Rum. (We chose both.)
- Tiers of rich browned-butter cake swiped with dark-caramel icing and dotted with pecans at Bluebeard (653 Virginia Ave., 317-686-1580).
- A farm-to-table riff on the classic diner patty melt at just-opened Milktooth (534 Virginia Ave., 317-986-5131), with a tender Viking lamb burger topped with white American cheese and pickle-studded special sauce on thick slices of grilled Amelia’s semolina bread.
- Lightly battered, crispy-sweet onion loaf at Lutz’s Steakhouse (3100 Westfield Rd., Noblesville, 317-896-5002).
- Pork-studded poutine at 317 Burger (915 Westfield Blvd., 317-251-1317), with a ladle of brown gravy for dunking or drizzling.