Swoon List 10.15.13
1. The Apple Scrappy from Kim’s Kake Kreations (5452 Madison Ave., 317-784-5253)—a muffin-shaped sugar bomb made with apple pie filling and bits of pastry melded together with butter and cinnamon.
2. The $5 sample flight at New Day Meadery (1102 Prospect St., 888-632-3379), which includes six sips of hard ciders and meads off the draft list. Take home a growler of your favorite.
3. The fresh-tasting veggie pizza at Nick’s English Hut in Bloomington (423 E. Kirkwood Ave., Bloomington, 812-332-4040), for diners who wish to break away from the de rigeur Stromboli. A Mason-jar pounder of local brew (try the Bloomington Brewing Company’s amber) is the ideal companion.
4. Smoky, rich enchiladas de pato (duck) at Delicia (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677), served with stewed black beans and herbed green rice.
5. The Oktoberfestive bratwurst burger with spicy sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and bacon from Scratch Truck.