Swoon List 10.8.13
- The fried mortadella sandwich at Libertine Liquor Bar (38 E. Washington St., 317-631-3333), a Texas-toast behemoth topped with the mixed textures of a broken-yolk egg, caramelized onions, and matchstick pears.
- Bier Brewery’s hand-crafted Pumpkin Ale, sipped and savored (it has all of the warm, kitchen-spice flavors of pumpkin pie) at Rockstone Pizzeria & Pub (11501 Allisonville Rd., Fishers, 317-288-9761).
- Shasta la Vista, the signature smoothie from Twenty Two mobile juicery. The filling and citrusy blend of spinach, kale, banana, orange, pineapple, and coconut oil is named for the adorable Shasta trailer it’s served out of.
- Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Company’s (1021 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-255-5151) Local Farmivore pizza, with a trio of meats (including pepperonis the size of coasters) on its buttery, garlicky, freeform thin crust. It will remind you of your mom’s Chef Boyardee, in a good way.
- Crab & Shrimp Crusted Alaskan Cod on a bed of lime basmati rice at Stanford’s Restaurant and Bar (14159 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, 317-575-9005). Capers and a subtle lemon beurre blanc sauce add even more layers of flavor.