Swoon List 11.12.13
- A soul-warming maple-pecan Hot Toddy, made of infused Maker’s Mark, maple syrup, and muddled orange, at Eat + Drink (5168 N. College Ave.), Taste Cafe & Marketplace’s new conjoined cocktail lounge.
- Bru Burger Bar’s (410 Massachusetts Ave., 317-635-4278) Roasted Jalapeno Mac and Cheese, a gooey, kicky tumble of cavatappi curls, Andouille sausage, and shrimp.
- The Shoefly Pie—like a thick, warm molasses cookie underbaked to perfection and then topped with vanilla bean–flecked ginger ice cream. It’s a play on the classic Pennsylvania Dutch Shoo-Fly pie, served at Shoefly Public House (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007).
- A tiny heart-shaped coconut macaron from Bloomington’s Feast Bakery Cafe (581 E. Hillside Dr., 812-822-0222), lightly toasted on top but chewy to the core, and dipped in dark chocolate.
- The creme de menthe–drizzled and whip-topped chocolate-mint milkshake from Wyliepalooza’s Ice Cream Emporium (5535 E. Washington St., 317-351-0275).