Swoon List 1.8.14
- A sentimental favorite: the pecan ball at Pipers Restaurant (2130 W. Southport Rd., 317-888-7667), which rolls dense vanilla ice cream in broken pecans, then applies a generous drizzle of hot fudge, in the tradition of the old L.S. Ayres Tea Room.
- Pineapple-topped slivers of seared sesame-crusted tuna, sitting in a Thai chili glaze and dusted with crushed wasabi peas at Divvy (71 W. City Center Dr., Carmel, 317-706-0000).
- The supple and luscious pork cheeks on the New Year’s Eve menu at Late Harvest Kitchen (8505 River Crossing, 317-663-8063), glazed with tomato jam and accompanied by earthy winter vegetable risotto and a shower of pine nut gremolata.
- A toasted croissant stuffed with scrambled eggs and the works at Good Morning Mama’s (1001 E. 54th St., 317-255-3800).
- An old-fashioned gooey-centered butter cake with berries and vanilla-bean ice cream at Ocean Prime (8555 River Rd., 317-569-0975).