Swoon List 2.18.14
- A sugar-rimmed brandy sidecar—with Cointreau and lemon juice—offered on the $9 martini happy hour menu at McCormick & Schmick’s (110 N. Illinois St., 317-631-9500).
- A side of pine nut–studded roasted cauliflower at Bluebeard (653 Virginia Ave., 317-686-1580), with the saltiness of anchovy paste, capers, and slivered Parmesan playing off of the earthy flavor of the vegetable.
- Sugar-encrusted fried doughnuts—called beignets at Thunderbird (1127 Shelby St., 317-974-9580).
- A thin-crusted and wonderfully charred bacon-and-cheese pizza, a special at Harry & Izzy’s (153 S. Illinois St., 317-635-9594; 4050 E. 82nd St., 317-915-8045).
- The croque-monsieur sandwich at Petite Chou (823 Westfield Blvd., 317-259-0765; 14390 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, 317-566-0765), biggie slices of toast packed with slivered Smoking Goose ham, buttery Gruyere, and dijonnaise, with a dollop of bechamel melting into the roof.