Swoon List 2.4.14
- The vegan cookies-and-cream cake that sits four layers high, glazed with a light, crunchy icing, available by the wedge at the Mass Ave and Carmel Bazbeaux (333 Massachusetts Ave., 317-636-7662; 111 W. Main St., 317-848-4488) locations, and made by The New Old-Standard Baking Company.
- The cheesesteak-like lamb sandwich at Shoefly Public House (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007).
- Peppery cornmeal-crusted catfish (with sides of fried green tomatoes and unapologetically dense macaroni and cheese) at Mama Wood’s Soul Food Restaurant (1217 E. 16th St., 317-600-3483).
- The decadent, often elusive milk custard at The Bosphorus Cafe (935 S. East St., 317-974-1770), a perfectly sweet finale showered with cinnamon. Order it whenever it’s available.
- The Goldfish-topped house salad at Mother Bear’s Pizza (1428 E. 3rd St., Bloomington, 812-332-4495).