Swoon List 3.4.14
- The Lemon Souffle Pancakes at New Albany’s Toast on Market (141 E. Market St., 812-941-8582), streaked with creamy vanilla custard and vibrant blueberry compote, so sweet and dreamy they will fill you with regret—unless you order them for dessert instead of breakfast.
- The hearty and ever-so-slightly sweet Black Bean & Corn Fritters at Shoefly Public House (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007), accompanied by a rich cilantro cream sauce.
- A tall shrimp cocktail packed full of seafood and dressed in a sweet tomato sauce at Guadalajara Grill (918 E. Washington St., 317-897-0328).
- Tomato bisque at Soupremacy (7 E. Market St., 317-423-0780), gussied up with shameful amounts of cream, Gouda cheese, brown sugar, and sherry.
- Juicy meatloaf smothered in a sweet tomato sauce and served on a grilled bun at Fat Dan’s Deli (5410 N. College Ave., 317-600-3333).