Swoon List 4.14.15
1. Two perfectly crispy corn cakes crowned with tender barbacoa beef and a drizzle of cilantro-lime cream sauce at Delicia (5125 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677).
2. Pan-roasted red trout at Black Market (922 Massachusetts Ave., 317-822-6757), served over a mound of mashed potatoes tinged with citrus. The spuds slowly blend into the bowl’s sweet pea–studded tomato-bacon broth, leaving a starchy, salty soup that’s good to the last slurp.
3. A jumbo from Ben’s Soft Pretzels, an Elkhart farmers-market staple that recently opened in Circle Centre (outside Godiva Chocolates on Level 2, 317-492-9141). The buttery, pillowy dough from the eponymous third-generation Amish co-owner completely redefines the mall pretzel.
4. The toffee crumble sundae with three scoops of rich housemade ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, and a generous blanket of toffee chips at The Loft at Traders Point Creamery (9101 Moore Rd., Zionsville, 317-733-1700).
5. The tiki-sweet Bahama Mama at Ichiban Sushi Bar (8265 U.S. 31 S, Greenwood, 317-883-1888), fortified with pineapple juice and rum.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.