Swoon List 4.21.15
1. A thick slice of the Earl’s Court chocolate cake, filled with malted cream and topped with Belgian ganache and fudge frosting at Cake Bake Shop (6515 Carrollton Ave., 317-257-2253).
2. Southern comfort in the form of jambalaya with red beans and rice at Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort (5539 E. Washington St., 317-737-1801).
3. Surprise! Workingman’s Friend (234 N. Belmont Ave., 317-636-2067) excels at cuisine beyond its cult-followed cheeseburgers. The ham-infused navy-bean soup is a thick, smoky, and deliciously worthy accompaniment to the greasy-spoon fare.
4. Taco meets burger in the cantina option at 317 Burger (915 Westfield Blvd., 317-251-1317), topped with fresh guacamole, white cheddar, tomato, salsa, and Fritos.
5. Plump Gulf prawns with grits and green-tomato chow-chow, a satisfying take on the Southern classic at Tinker Street (402 E. 16th St., 317-925-5000).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.