1. Spoke & Steele’s (123 S. Illinois St., 317-737-1616) shareable plate of juicy meatloaf nugs topped with tomato-spice glaze.
2. Ultra-creamy mac ’n’ cheese strewn with shredded chicken, spinach, and caramelized onions at Pure Eatery (1043 Virginia Ave., 317-602-5724; 8235 E. 116th St., Fishers, 317-288-0285).
3. Maple Farms duck breast at Cropichon et Bidibule (735 Massachusetts Ave., 317-737-2772), flambeed in cognac and served with peppercorn-cream sauce, potato saute, and a mix of greens.
4. Twenty Tap’s (5406 N. College Ave., 317-602-8840) famous pressed Cuban sandwich: two crispy slices of French bread crowned with tender hunks of pulled pork, ham, Swiss, mustard, mayo, and pickles.
5. Luscious jumbo-lump crabcakes served with a swipe of garlic aioli at Cicero’s new lakeside dining spot, Lazy Frogg (409 W. Jackson St., Cicero, 317-843-9100).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.