Swoon List 4.1.14
- A bowl of thick and gooey macaroni and cheese at Thunderbird (1127 Shelby St., 317-974-9580), dusted with black pepper and crushed breadcrumbs.
- The flaming Volcano for Two punch at Kabuto Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar (8719 U.S. 31 S., Greenwood, 317-887-2087), perfect for sipping before the knife-flinging show.
- An indulgent brunch plate at Another Broken Egg Cafe (9435 N. Meridian St., 317-818-1700) comes in the form of cinnamon roll French toast, topped with strawberries and submerged in bananas foster syrup.
- The cevapi plate at Taste of Europe (4320 W. 96th St., 317-334-8797) offers a full octet of rich and juicy Balkan sausages, accompanied by a creamy dill potato salad and a pile of slightly sweet Swedish-style pickles.
- Tender grilled salmon crowns a bed of vegetable hash that’s been drizzled with a savory orange miso sauce at Shoefly Public House (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007).