Swoon List 4.15.14
- Buttery, flaky crust cradles the custard filling in the heavenly vanilla-bean chess pie at Bluebeard (653 Virginia Ave., 317-686-1580). You’ll want to scrape your fork across the entire plate to get a swipe of caramel sauce and some crushed pistachio in every bite.
- A paper basket of chilaquiles at La Mulita (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677). Layers of tomatillo-soaked corn tortillas support the warm yellow ooziness of fried eggs and tender slices of steak.
- Shredded pulled pork comes sandwiched between two fluffy cheddar waffles and smeared with sweet green-tomato chutney at Shoefly Public House (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007).
- A big bowl of dangerously addictive FARMfamous garlic fries at FARM Bloomington (108 E. Kirkwood Ave., Bloomington, 812-323-0002), sprinkled with Parmesan, chili flakes, lemon zest, and herbs and served with garlic and turmeric aioli for dipping.
- Meaty braised short ribs at Oh Yumm! Bistro (5615 W. Illinois St., 317-251-5656) fall off the bone into a pool of sesame barbecue glaze and get topped with a mound of candied red cabbage.