Swoon List 4.22.14
- Strawberries, blueberries, and vanilla-sugar filling encased by a flaky, buttery crust in the fresh berry crepe at Petite Chou (823 Westfield Blvd., 317-259-0765; 14390 Clay Terrace Blvd., Carmel, 317-566-0765).
- The bun-eclipsing, gargantuan tenderloin at Big Daddy’s Bar & Grill (2536 S. Meridian St., 317-784-0784), breaded with crushed cornflakes.
- Crisp, refreshing Campside Session IPA from Upland Brewing Co. (350 W. 11th St., Bloomington, 812-336-2337; 820 E. 116th St., Carmel, 317-564-3400; 4842 N. College Ave., 317-602-3931) with the hops bite you expect from an IPA, but not the aftertaste and heaviness of more-aggressive variations—or, as the label promises, “Brewed to Leave No Trace.”
- An ideal summer pie at Magoo’s California Pizza (4919 W. 38th St., 317-293-4411), topped with creamy garlic sauce, thick mozzarella, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and chicken tikka.
- Paper-thin and hot from the fryer, the seasoned potato chips at Bu Da Lounge (148 E. Market St., 317-822-8522) are so delicate that you want to eat them with your chopsticks.