Swoon List 4.8.14
- The cheese-less Senza Formaggio pizza at Bazbeaux (333 Massachusetts Ave., 317-636-7662; 111 W. Main St., Carmel, 317-848-4488). A generous smear of rich red sauce is topped with roasted eggplant, caramelized onions, and shreds of fresh basil—a delicious option for the lactose intolerant.
- A Loaded Lender from food truck Pierogi Love Indy (@Pierogiloveindy) packs in four of the hand-pinched potato-and-cheddar pouches, topping them with even more (melted) cheddar, sour cream, chives, and Smoking Goose bacon bits.
- The chewy, dense oatmeal-maple-pecan cookies served at H2O Restaurant & Sushi Bar (1912 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-254-0677), with a little wooden box of coffee-flavored cream for dipping.
- Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza’s (5646 E. Washington St., 317-356-6612; 401 Market Plaza, Greenwood, 317-883-8993) Health Nut salad comes laden with broccoli, red onion, cucumber, pine nuts, and more, but the creamy garlic dressing takes it up a notch.
- Teased liberally with cilantro and stuffed with spicy chicken, the chipotle tacos at The Tamale Place (City Market, 222 E. Market St.; 5226 Rockville Rd., 317-248-9771) have just enough fiery flavor.