1. Strawberry handpies (a.k.a. Pop Tarts), thick pastries with a tart, fresh, all-fruit filling, occasionally on special at General American Donut Company (827 S. East St., 317-964-0744).
2. A tangle of feathery onion rings, wispy enough to melt in your mouth, served with sweet housemade ketchup at St. Joseph’s Brewery (540 N. College Ave., 317-602-5670).
3. Velvety, melt-in-your-mouth scallops in a buttery broth with mushrooms and spring-fresh peas, at The Loft at Traders Point Creamery (9101 Moore Rd., Zionsville, 317-733-1700).
4. Revery’s (299 W. Main St., Greenwood, 317-215-4164) crunchy-skinned trout under a light garnish of grapefruit sections and slivered radishes.
5. A hulking, flavorful mushroom burger, among the stars on the vegetarian menu at the new location for Three Sisters Cafe (6223 Guilford Ave., 317-257-5556).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.