Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- The silken, super creamy “Cuban” creme brulee at Sabbatical (921 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-253-5252), with a hint of espresso and a crisp sugar crust.
- The vegan Tofu Wrap from the deli at Pogue’s Run Grocer (2828 E. 10th St., 317-426-4963), with chewy chunks of seasoned smoked bean curd packed into a wheat tortilla with celery, red onion, tomato, spinach, and vegan mayo. (Tip: Ask them to go light on the mayo.)
- The pumpkin pancakes, stacked three high and topped with cream cheese frosting and spiced pecans at Hoaglin To Go (448 Massachusetts Ave. 317-423-0300).
- Fried chicken at 10-01 Food & Drink (1001 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-253-1001), now with former Meridian toque Dan Dunville at the helm.
- The buttery-crusted mushroom pot pie, served in its own iron skillet with a dollop of creme fraiche, at The Libertine Liquor Bar (38 E. Washington St., 317-631-3333).