Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- The Mile-High Club at Rock-Cola ’50s Cafe (5730 Brookville Rd., 317-357-2233), held together with a steak knife instead of a toothpick.
- The Russian Mule at 1933 Lounge above St. Elmo Steak House (127 S. Illinois St., 317-635-0636), a stiff version of the Moscow Mule made with high-quality ginger beer and served in a frosted copper mug full of nugget ice.
- The trio of filets from Fleming’s (8487 Union Chapel Rd., 312-466-0175). One is crowned with porcini-gorgonzola sauce, the second an elaborate Oscar treatment, and the third an intense peppercorn sauce.
- The fried green tomatoes at 18 on the Square (18 Public Square, Shelbyville, 317-398-7373), resting on pimiento cheese, and finished with a sweet and spicy pepper jam.
- Whole fried yellow snapper with a sweet chili glaze—recently on the menu without a special request at The Oceanaire Seafood Room (30 S. Meridian St., 317-955-2277).