Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- A meaty squid salad at the SEO-friendly Sushi Bar Broad Ripple (911 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-257-7289).
- Carefully assembled to provide the perfect ratio of grated cheese to dressing per bite, the cherry tomato salad from Room Four (4907 N. College Ave., 317-925-7529).
- The shrimp and grits appetizer at Matt the Miller’s Tavern (11 W. City Center Dr., Carmel, 317-805-1860), in which a creamy Cajun sauce unites fat shrimp, cubes of tasso, and peppers sauteed to submission over a platform of cheesy grit cakes. The dish could hold its own as an entree, which would save everybody the anguish of politely resisting the last creamy bite.
- Presented in a deep white bowl with strips of pita for dipping, the curry-and-ginger–imbued masala bean dip at Ralston’s Draft House (635 Massachusetts Ave., 317-493-1143).
- The Greek chicken sandwich from Rosie’s Place (68 N. 9th St., Noblesville, 317-770-3322). It comes on a ciabatta filled with roasted red peppers, spinach, feta, and tzatziki.