Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- Italian Spaghetti Ice Cream at the Indiana State Fair, one of this year’s buzzed-about newcomers. With a flavor reminiscent of strawberry shortcake, the frozen treat consists of a pile of creamy, noodle-shaped vanilla gelato; a “red sauce” of syrupy pureed strawberries; chocolate malted milk “meatballs”; and grated white-chocolate “cheese.” Points for creativity, and the kids will love it. Try it at home, too!
- Tuna tartare at Ocean Prime (8555 N. River Rd., 317-569-0975). Nicely presented ahi is layered with creamy avocado, crunchy wontons, and a ginger ponzu sauce.
- Seasonal salad at Fermenti Artisan at the City Market. Parmesan, summer squash, and ripe tomatoes top the tender leaves.
- Chicken and sausage gumbo at B’s Po Boy (1261 S. Shelby St. 317-916-5555), a luscious stew with a wonderful delayed finish heat.
- The seasonal tomato salad from H2O Restaurant & Sushi Bar (1912 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-254-0677). Juicy Diener Farms tomatoes come topped with basil, sherry vinaigrette, and guacamole.