Swoon List: 5 Things We Adore Right Now
- McCormick & Schmick’s (110 N. Illinois St., 317-631-9500) Chocolate Bag, a dark-chocolate shell filled with white chocolate mousse and berries.
- The juicy Depression Burger at Ralston’s Drafthouse (635 Massachusetts Ave., 317-493-1143), concocted from well-seared ground beef mixed with shredded potatoes and topped with sharp cheddar, thick-cut bacon, and house-made ketchup and mustard on a nicely chewy pretzel roll.
- The Crazy Toast from Tulip Noir (1224 W. 86th St., 317-848-5252): Two slices of toast come topped with cinnamon, dried cherries, almond slices, a drizzle of honey, and chopped rosemary.
- Kona Jack’s (9419 N. Meridian St, 317-843-1609) key lime pie: tart, but not too, with a soft, almost fluffy filling. The graham cracker crust is fresh, and the whipped-cream topping sets off every forkful.
- Cool, rare beef roulade at Plat 99 (333 S. Delaware St., 317-624-8200), pinwheeled around arugula softened in truffle vinaigrette, and sprinkled with shards of black salt.