Swoon List 5.14.13
- The crunchy, salty truffle fries, served with a scoop of aioli as thick as gelato at Taste Cafe and Marketplace (5164 N. College Ave., 317-925-2233). These classic gems are well worth the breath mint you will need to pop before going back to the office.
- The utterly decadent Cheese Louise pizza at Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza (5646 E. Washington St., 317-356-6612; 401 Market Plaza, Greenwood, 317-883-8993). The pie already comes thick with cheddar, ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, Gouda, red onion, and bacon. Add sausage for good measure.
- Delicia’s (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677) sweet-tart Hemingway Daiquiri, as pretty as it is tasty as it is potent.
- A thick, stand-up filet topped with a warm chutney of pearl onions and mushrooms—the occasionally featured Farm to Table Steak at Upland Brewing Company (350 W. 11th St., Bloomington, 812-336-2337).
- The fully loaded Pikilia Taste Of Athens sampler plate at Athens on 86th (2284 W. 86th St., 317-879-8644), a plate loaded with mousaka, pastichio, spanikopita, tyropita, gyro meat, dolmades, pita, and tzatziki. It leaves no phyllo sheet unturned.