Swoon List 5.20.14
- A mini iron skillet of fat, slightly chewy batter-fried alligator nuggets—aka “Everglades Popcorn Chicken”—tossed with a spicy remoulade and some squiggles of hot sauce at Tow Yard Brewing (501 S. Madison Ave., 317-638-9273).
- Meaty, tender pulled-pork nachos from The Pantry (222 E. Market St., 317-445-0105), smothered in melted cheddar, black beans, sour cream, and homemade guacamole.
- The Caribbean Dog at La Mulita (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677), topped with tangy tomato-mayo sauce and crunched-up potato chips.
- Fluffy buttermilk biscuits bearing creamy sausage gravy tinged with an aromatic hit of sage. Get an order for the table to share on the old-fashioned front porch at Savor Thyme Cafe (224 N. Green St., Brownsburg, 317-858-7862).
- Pure Eatery‘s (1043 Virginia Ave., Suite 3, 317-602-5724) Swank Skinny—a potent mixture of Milagro tequila and Solerno Blood Orange liqueur poured over ice. A margarita that gets right to the point.