1. The chocolate cremeux at Nourish (931 S. East St., 317-737-1699), with scoops of thick chocolate pudding resting on a cloud of whipped cream that’s gloriously crowed with smoked salt and a piece of rich cashew-butter brittle. Underneath all of that: a layer of local honey.
2. Twenty Tap’s (5406 N. College Ave., 317-602-8840) juicy turkey burger swiped with whipped goat cheese and tomato jam, served alongside fries and the recommended chimichurri and roasted-garlic dipping sauces.
3. The ultimate breakfast combination: biscuits and hash browns doused in homemade sausage gravy and topped with scrambled eggs at BBI Cafe & Sandwich Shop (4825 Oakbrook Dr., 317-280-1004).
4. The creamy Creole shrimp and grits, loaded with sweet sauteed peppers with a kick of spice, at Georgia Reese’s (3454 W. 86th St., 317-876-3454; 14 E. Washington St., 317-986-7883).
5. A crispy-edged cheeseburger, served with piping-hot fries, at Bearcats Restaurant (1005 N. Senate Ave., 317-602-3509) inside the Stutz Business Center.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.